The recently updated class D driver’s manual highlights what to do if stopped by law enforcement found on page 40 of the manual.
The section was expanded to include:
· How to act when stopped by law enforcement.
· The type of information you may be asked to provide.
· What to do if you have a firearm in the vehicle.
· What to do if you are issued a citation that you disagree with.
· The consequences of fleeing police in a motor vehicle.
Being stopped by a law enforcement officer can be a stressful experience, but knowing what to do during the traffic stop will help to ensure a safe interaction for all involved. A news conference announcing the update will be held today at 1:15 p.m. You can watch the news conference at https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DgI1v0_uoN6s%2526feature%253Dyoutu.be&data=02%257C01%257Cdustin.lacina%2540state.mn.us%257Cb4fd5b9b16dd47a1a71108d821ab3251%257Ceb14b04624c445198f26b89c2159828c%257C0%257C0%257C637296366780482447&sdata=2%252FloXpu5IcNl05ytiPABWLzvB83ss1tBlWtUcCP9BHI%253D&reserved=0